Friday, February 8, 2008

Eyes of Love


I'm fine, I'm fine. No big deal. It was a small patch, and I have an L-shaped repair over my eyebrow. A small bandaid would cover it but they put this big pressure bandage on it because they stretch the skin to cover the hole, and they need pressure on it for a couple of days.

Here's what's funny. My sweet husband called me midday, made sure the procedure went fine. He came home, said hi, got about his business while I cut the vegetables for the stir-fry. I finally asked him what he thought of this big bandage.

"I didn't notice it," he said.

"How could you not?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just saw you."

It's not a disregard that made him overlook the bandage, I know. He just wasn't looking for the injury...he was looking all all of me for whom I am.

Doesn't God do that? Dig us out, bandage us up, and then see us with His eyes of love--see us whole?

5 comments:

Pam Halter said...

The last page of Frank Peretti's novel "Piercing the Darkness" says something similar.

Tal had to laugh. Hardly presentable! Wasn't it strange, the way humans looked at themselves with eyes of flesh and not of the Spirit? Certainly that dear woman had been through mire and filth of every degree; she was scarred, exhausted, ragged and filthy.

But to the angels, she appeared as God Himself saw her, just as any other redeemed saint of the living God; pure, shining, clean, dressed in garments as white as snow.

That hits me every time I read it. Glory to God!

Anonymous said...

Well isn't that lovely.

I'm so glad it went okay.

Anonymous said...

Shortly before my mother died after 38 years of multiple sclerosis, she and my father and I were sitting in their family room. I glanced at Mother and saw an emaciated, old woman, drooling, unable to focus her eyes or form coherent words, unable to eat or wipe her nose or go to the bathroom, slumped in her chair.

My father looked at her and said, "That's my beautiful Molly Jean."

Yes, that's how the Lord sees us—isn't it wonderful?!

Angela said...

What a man! I think you should keep him.

Angie

Janice Freeman said...

You need to find those cancers earlier. They start out, usually as a red slightly scaly spots, and can be removed with a touch of liquid nitrogen. In this stage, they are known as "preactinic" changes.