Saturday, June 7, 2008

Covered


I've had a tough spring, business-wise. I won't go into details, though many of you know them. What's important is that, when things were at their worst, a group of dear Christian friends prayed for me. Since that night of fervent prayer, I have not felt any anger or bitterness, though I have the "worldly" right to do so.

It's been a rainy week, with umbrellas called for. It occured to me as I sheltered from the rain that these dear friends of mine have been my spiritual umbrella. I have been kept dry while they have huddled over me, spreading the Holy Spirit's "feathers" like a canopy.

Yesterday, though it was still raining, my grandson wanted to go out to play. So he got dressed in raingear that would keep him totally dry. I laughed, thinking about the armor of God, and how we must look to the Father as we head out into the "rain."

Probably a lot like my four-year-old grandson, I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess that means He smiles fondly at us.

What a great picture of your wee man.

Kay Day said...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling - being covered like that by friends' prayers.
I only know the thing that was mentioned briefly at the Glen, but I have been praying as well.
God always knows what he's doing.

I'm reading Outriders right now, BTW. Got a garant heading for the cliffs! Oh dear!

Pam Halter said...

And having the faith that the armor will cover us better than a raincoat is what it's all about.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your image, but your story reminded me of growing up in the Midwest, where we wore our rain gear to play in the rain. That kept the rain off, but left us soaked with sweat from inside!

Pray for me, would you, my friend? Things are rough right now ... but God is good, as you point out!