Thursday, November 15, 2007

Roxanne Henke and Her "Prayerful Pup" Gunner


I love how Gunner is a "prayerful pup!" I'm sure you will, too! Please welcome Roxy and Gunner.

*

What's your dog's name, breed, and age?

Gunner is an English Cocker Spaniel and will be nine years old in December.Where did you get him/her?We got Gunner when he was two years old. He'd been living in a kennel on a hunting/game farm. They had too many dogs and needed to downsize.


What is the weirdest/sweetest/ most annoying thing they've ever done?

The sweetest thing Gunner has done is the day we went to pick out a dog. There were dogs running all around our feet. My husband was standing on the grass, right beside a deck with his hands on his hips. Gunner jumped onto the deck, scooted his head through an opening, and stuck his head in the crook of my husband's arm and looked up at him as if to say, "Pick me!" We looked no further...this dog wanted us...and we wanted him!

The most annoying thing...

Believe me, you don't want to hear about a dog with irritable bowel syndrome~!


How does their companionship enrich your spiritual life?

I begin each weekday with Bible reading and devotions.When I put my Bible aside, Gunner jumps into my lap and flips himself around (like a baby laying in my arms). He then lays quietly while I close my eyes and pray. My husband calls him our 'Prayerful Puppy."And, of course, each day Gunner is the true embodiment of unconditional love.


How does their companionship enrich your writing?

Gunner seems to know when four o'clock rolls around...and I need a break. He pesters me until I push myself away from my computer and we head out fora couple mile walk.


Thanks, Kathy, for letting me tell your readers about my favorite dog, Gunner!


Roxy Henke


Roxy will have a new book released in January titled:"Learning to Fly." (Women's fiction) Take care...and risks! She is the author of the popular Coming Home to Brewster series...After Anne, Finding Ruth, Becoming Olivia, Always Jan, and, With Love, Libby.
Available now, her newest release...The Secret of Us!


Check out Roxy's website at: http://www.roxannehenke.com/

2 comments:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

What a sweet story...and sh=uch a sweet dog. LOL...my two are like bulls in a china shop!

Kappa no He said...

I adore Roxy and all her books. I also remember when she first GOT Gunner!! I thought what a handsome dog.

Terrie