Sunday, December 16, 2007

Let It (NO) Snow




We're in the middle of a Nor'easter, the second snowstorm in two days. Tasha and I have already been out, walking the 600 ft. to the mailbox where...miraculously...our newspaper lady had delivered the Sunday News.

In the warmer weather, I need to lure Tasha with pieces of cookies or she won't walk. Once she gets commited to the path, she will follow me but it's with head down and shoulders slumped.

She loves the snow. I guess I get the cold part but something about this weather makes her literally leap like a puppy. On the way to the mailbox, she got so far ahead of me that I had to scream "STOP" so she wouldn't get hit by a snowplow.

Interesting how her hearing is so bad she can't hear the plow...and yet, she can hear my voice.

If only my ears were as attuned to God's voice, especially when I get so far ahead!

1 comment:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Amen to that!

We survived the same snow storm! I didn't even get to town for church. The roads were too icey!